Re: More Publican Pain

----- Original Message ----- From: "Karsten Wade" <kwade@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <fedora-docs-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 12:57 PM
Subject: Re: More Publican Pain

I'm not sure about the chunking stuff; let's see how it looks
once you fix the MIME type.

I'm not sure I can. This is a commercial server, I don't recall seeing anything on MIME types on the control panel.

Can you confirm the server is set to use UTF-8? It is likely using ISO
8859, which was Apache default for a while (still?)

This is the case whether it comes off the commercial server or read as a file over Samba. The header clearly says it is UTF-8, I guess I would expect IE to pay attention to that (although I haven't installed Fiddler to see whether it is getting some other advice). And when I select UTF-8 from IE's menu the weird characters go away.

Are you also seeing the character problems on a local copy or just
from the server?

I only checked the F10 release notes from d.fp.o. But, since I have the F10 notes spinning it is a 10 second job to look on a local copy, and they look just fine, except of course, for a different css.

--McD