Re: Tuning Documentation & Translation schedules

Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel said the following on 09/29/2008 02:19 AM Pacific Time:

Fedora Documentation team writes not only Release Notes but also guides like Installation Guide, Desktop User Guide, etc too. I wonder, why these documentation writing tasks are neither mentioned in Documentation schedule nor in translation schedule?

Yes, this part of my "revelation" last week :) We need to be very explicit with the task names both in the documentation schedule and the translation schedule.

Btw, I have got one more doubt. Why can't we put "Translate 0-day release notes for docs.fp.org" in the Launch phase as well, rather than in maintenance phase?

I put it in the maintenance phase because that is when it occurs--after GA, which is when the maintenance of a release begins. Is there an important reason why you would like to have it in the "Launch Phases"?

John