Re: Self Introduction: Mike "Ditt" Dittmeier

On Tue, 2007-09-11 at 11:06 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
On Tue, 2007-09-11 at 17:49 +0300, John Babich wrote:
> Mike:
>
> Welcome to the Fedora Docs Project!
>
> There is a steering committee meeting scheduled for today at 1600
> hours GMT on the Freenode IRC network on the #fedora-docs channel.
>
> Feel free to stop by around that time and introduce yourself.
>
> I have been involved in producing the Desktop Users Guide and, quite
> frankly, became overwhelmed with the wealth of choices available with
> Fedora 7.

I for one appreciate your honesty here.  This is why I think it's a good
idea to have the Fedora (D)UG concentrate for now on solutions using
only the default installation case, and avoid repeating material already
found in the GNOME Desktop User Guide (which you will find on your
system on the entry screen of the Help browser).  The more duplication
of effort writers can avoid, the faster the work will go and the more
likely they will actually achieve the goal of finishing the guide.

> I am giving it another go with the Fedora 8 release and welcome your
> help.
>
> Please keep in touch and let me know any way I can help you get
> started.

I helped Mike a little with his CVS access a bit earlier this morning
but asked that he bring issues here to the list.  We need to spur some
activity and he may end up helping other lurkers get their unstated
questions answered.  Nice to meet you Mike!

Ok, I'm ready to go!

Thanks for your help this morning Paul. I now have my local sandbox setup, XMMind Pro installed, and my keyboard is afire wit activity...

Mike "Ditt" Dittmeier
mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

pub   1024D/3F08ECFB 2007-09-11 [expires: 2008-09-10]
      Key fingerprint = 8396 9850 E308 4EFF 1A22  6C5A 4FF5 DF6C 3F08 ECFB
uid                  Mike Dittmeier (Just "Ditt" to my friends) <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
sub   2048g/1E6E4DBD 2007-09-11 [expires: 2008-09-10]