Re: new Firefox/splash page for FC6?

O/H Paul W. Frields έγραψε:
For now, Dimitris, go ahead and keep working on the page as static HTML
content.  If/when you're done with your part and ready to have it edited
and polished, send it to the list.

Okey, I just done v03 (v02 skipped). You can view it live here:

  http://dimitris.glezos.com/box/foss/fc6-browser-splash/

## Changes since v01:

  * Adopted the suggestions some people made (Karsten, Rahul, etc.)

* Restructured HTML code, simpler and more modular to allow full CSS control. Passed it through `tidy` too.

* Page is now XHTML 1.0 Strict and follows Web Content Accessibility Guidelines: Reaches "AAA" conformance (except 1 little spot). Hopefully, DocBook will not completely break this.

## Open issues

* Implement the javascript language-checking algorithm and give the user the document in his language. Fallback to english if inexistent.

* Just before the release, we need to change the "Other languages" for each doc with the languages that will be included in the package.

* Artwork team did not respond yet for changing the header etc. If we are leaving the header like this, I need a higher resolution logo to replace this blurred, resized one.

## Questions

* Change the "Fedora system homepage" text? Rahul wonders if "system" translates well. If yes, please give suggestions. I tried to eliminate "Core".

* Change the icons from Echo to Bluecurve? I think this is unnecessary, because they are small in size and future-compatible ;-)

  * Should the language names be localized and not in english?

  * Are we going to have a local copy of the Installation Guide as well?

  * Rahul: Can the disclaimer be worded better to sound less throw away?

  * Are the links to "Other languages" really necessary?

-dim

--
Dimitris Glezos
Jabber ID: glezos@xxxxxxxxxx, PGP: 0xA5A04C3B