Fedora User Guide

Karsten Wade wrote:
 > Any questions or thoughts to start?
>
> - Karsten

Thanks for the welcome!

My initial thoughts on the documentation is that it is perfect for established users, i.e., those who have installed a Linux distro previously. However, if I were to put my wife in front of two computers, one with the docs on screen and one with Fedora on screen - she would not really have a clue where to begin.

Looking at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/DocIdeas I quite like the look of the Fedora User Guide - this could be a crucial document to help new users ease their way into Fedora & Linux in general. I would see it as being written in a conversational style rather than a straight 'here are the facts in a particular order'.

Depending on how in-depth we are looking it could also include some task-based exercises to get users familiar with the software. What are other people's thoughts?

If we are to succeed in promoting Fedora, then some of the barriers to entry have to be removed - the Fedora User Guide would be a powerful sledgehammer to pound down the walls of FUD.

Thanks,

Andy

--

fedora-docs-list@xxxxxxxxxx