Re: Docs packaging

Peter Boy wrote:

Am Dienstag, den 23.08.2005, 17:56 -0400 schrieb Paul W. Frields:
* Since docs are not absolutely necessary to run a system, Extras seems
like the right place to me.

Hm, if there is a lack of documentation you can't use a lot of systems.
Obviously many people can use Fedora despite of a current lack of
documentation (as we see from FC1 to FC4  :-) ), nevertheless I would
vote to have the documentation in the core package (at least in the long
run).

Dont forget that packaging them in extras is a good first step and in many cases, the logical step before requesting that they be added in core

Perhaps it is possibly to differ between several documents.

- User guide (if we would have it), yum guide, release notes, etc. part of core
Release notes is already part of core, packaged with fedora-release rpm

It isn't indeed. But may be you need some kind of documentation before
you can use it (e.g. yum guide) or even know about it.
Not really. Fedora installer is getting the ability to use other repositories including extras soon. I presume that detail will be in the installation guide and users can choose to install the package along with anything else in core. If it gets a honourable mention in the release notes we are all set

regards
Rahul

--

fedora-docs-list@xxxxxxxxxx