Re: why o why [off topic]

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Hi

http://fedora.redhat.com/about/

" The goal of The Fedora Project is to work with the Linux community to build a complete, general purpose operating system exclusively from open source software."

"I guess redhat does not treats fedora as lab rat for upcoming rhel solely "

straw man argument since RHEL documentation doesnt cover proprietary software either

check this http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/csgfs/oracle-guide/s1-ora-nodes.html

An oversight in my part. Neverthless this is not the same as Fedora Projects goals or your document about deployment of Oracle

Whats wrong On Document for deployment of Oracle on fedora or RHEL (my document hold valid for any rh distro with gcc greater than 2.8) ......or other stuff like webshpere, weblogic along with Postgresql, Mysql and Jboss ...if its not documented ...Oracle documentation on Redhat is ok but not fedora ?? ...Or people who use fedora don t use Oracle ....Isnt it ironical that most oracle installation on Linux are on Redhat today ?? ...

Even tldp and freebsd has lots of documents/howto regarding oracle/sap /db2 etc
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Oracle-7-HOWTO.html

does that mean they are against open source ?? Doesnt it increases Linux acceptability

I was merely suggesting at improving or simplifying present documentation process and this not about my oracle doc ( I have already submitted it to tdlp) .... I hope you realize this :-)

"ps : When did  you join Redhat ? Congratulations :-) "

Right about the time you called my responses useless :-). Thank you

regards
Rahul

--

fedora-docs-list@xxxxxxxxxx