Re: PDF generation: xmlroff

Uttered Tim Waugh <twaugh@xxxxxxxxxx>, spake thus:

> Recently I've been taking a look at how far along the xmlroff project
> is (http://sourceforge.net/projects/xmlroff), and whether it can meet
> the needs of the Fedora Project documentation yet.

Unfortunately, xmlroff can process a DocBook input only by throwing out the hard stuff; there is even a special stylesheet, for that very purpose, included with the distribution.

The folk at tldp.org have taken the same approach (subsetting) with their LinuxDoc sheets.

FOP needs to "just work"; it looks furtherest along to me.

Cheers