Re: fedora-docs-list Digest, Vol 6, Issue 3

> My $0.02: CVS is still locked because we don't yet have a workable
> protocol for prioritizing, assigning, accepting, editing, QA/QC'ing, and
> automatically Web-fielding documents. I think (hope?) Red Hat people are
> working on the infrastructure part of that. We are here to talk about
> those protocols, and not to just grow a plethora of third-party
> repositories for docs.

Paul;

I understand that we maybe waiting on RH, but waiting on something that
'may' happen when 'someone' gets to it is like being the bridesmaid and
never the bride. [also, Sounds like Redmond, WA]

I'm not trying to be rude or insulting, but IF a working documentation
structure isn't able to be Resolved\Approved by those people that are
spending their own free time on it, then 'Houston, we have a problem'.

There is a difference between a releasing documents, especially those that
can be change so easily like XML, and making revisions and what seems to
be occurring; saying 'well, unless it is 100.01% perfect nobody gets to
see it'.

The advantage of OPEN SOURCE is the FREE EXCHANGE of information. This is
most importantly includes documentation. Red Hat gave the Fedora project
to the OS community because their focus shifted to Enterprise level sales
and service to make a profit. By extension that means that WE are able to
set standards. [aside: until recently monster.com had a job posting for a
DocBook person at RH. It is since been removed]
If FC is to progress to FC3, and gain traction, then it requires, and
demands, a large, free and accessible Document set.

While there are a number of 'document' sites. I will say that most of them
are a hodge-podge of minor tutorials and\or a document here or there on
FC. Not a dedicated single source for FC in an easy to read, DocBook
format.

Lastly, I understand that I am new to the group. I understand that I don't
post alot and am still trying to master DocBook syntax and d'l the
examples, but I will mention that I have 10+ yrs of computer programming &
training experience.
I know from experience that if you don't provide a basis for knowledge for
others to build on then the product, no matter how good, is destine to
fall by the wayside.

Brad