Re: Fedora core 2

At 20:12 17/05/2004, Karsten Wade wrote:
On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 11:02, Dave Pawson wrote:
> Will anyone know how to update, core-1 to core-2,
> since /. tells me that its now available on bit-torrent?

FWIW, those are underground torrents, at the minimum everyone will want
to check them against the official MD5SUM file when it comes out.

As for updating, I just updated an RHL 9 -> FC1 last week, and it was a
breeze.  Just a few small packages got stepped on.  I booted to anaconda
from the FC1 disk 1 and put 'linux askmethod' at the prompt, then chose
an HTTP install.

Or was your question more rhetorical?

"Will anyone rid me of the problem of how to update from FC1 to FC2?
Any writers?"

Not 'rid me of this problem', perhaps Tell me if its doable/easy/hard/impossible/planned.

  I kinda thought that's what documentation did :-)

regards DaveP

ps. re 'package' element for writeups.

I'm told, quote.
You are just a tad early on this one.  The DocBook Technical Committee
approved a new <package> element at the Feb 2004 meeting.  There is no date
yet for a DTD release containing the new element, though.

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200402/msg00012.html