Re: [389-users] RHEL6 support

389-ds-base will be going into RHEL 6 at some point.  We cannot put it in EPEL6 because it would conflict.  We are interested in suggestions about how to provide binary packages on EL6.

pardon my ignorance, but what would it clash with ?
389-ds-base in RHEL6.

And I assume that's in the Directory Server channel because on my RHEL6 machine no 389-ds-base package exists and I do not have a subscription to Redhat Directory service.  Again working on my assumption that means that RH directory service is using the same package name as 389ds which would create the conflict.  So either 389-ds packages are renamed or cannot go in EPEL, now its making sense.

So is there some obstacle for the 389ds project to host its own yum repo?