Re: [389-users] Greedy PAM

Thanks, I have addded the following filters for PAM in /etc/ldap.conf

nss_base_passwd         ou=people,dc=mycompany?sub
nss_base_group          ou=Groups,dc=mycompany?sub
nss_base_group          ou=PrivateGroups,dc=mycompany?sub
nss_base_group          ou=SystemGroups,dc=mycompany?sub

It works kind of but what I don't understand is that when a client authenticates against the directory server I see a ldapsearch request in wireshark for every single user. I am not sure if this a misconfiguration on my side or if PAM_LDAP is being greedy/lazy/buggy or where else the problem lies. I see a succesfull result for every ldap search request in LDAP so I am not sure why every user would need to be queried if only one user needs to authenticate.

We use a seperate user to speak to the Directory specified in /etc/ldap.conf. I am not sure if that would make a difference.

binddn          uid=SysAuth,ou=Service Accounts,dc=mycompany

Any thoughts would be appreciated and suggestions for a nice tool to analyze LDAP conversations would be much appreciated. I am playing with dsniff and netsniff-ng.

Best Regards