From: 389-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [389-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Gerrard Geldenhuis [Gerrard.Geldenhuis@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 27 September 2010 17:26
To: 389-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [389-users] Not allowed to change password once it has expired

Hi
I am in the midsts of debugging this but am hoping anyone can shed some light on the issue or point me in the right direction.

A certain combination of changes to the global password policy seems to break the abbility to change a user's password.

user1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx's password:
You are required to change your LDAP password immediately.
Last login: Mon Sep 27 16:06:18 2010 from 10.5.11.115
Connection to client01.example closed.

When it works it looks like:
 ssh client01 -l user1
user1@client01's password:
You are required to change your LDAP password immediately.
Creating directory '/home/user1'.
WARNING: Your password has expired.
You must change your password now and login again!
Changing password for user user1
Enter login(LDAP) password:
Connection to client01 closed.

Settings that we have toggled in the global password policy is:
Enable fine-grained password policy
User must change password after reset
Allow changes in x days

We don't change anything on the client so I am 99% sure its not a a pam misconfiguration.

Best Regards