Re: [389-users] how to get password expiration warnings and password policy

Hi,

I realised that I queried wrong DN and correct one is:
cn=nsPwPolicyEntry not cn=nsPwTemplateEntry:
dn: cn="cn=nsPwPolicyEntry,dc=example",cn=nsPwPolicyContainer,dc=example
passwordMustChange: off
passwordExp: off
passwordMinAge: 0
passwordChange: off
passwordStorageScheme: ssha
passwordLockout: on
passwordLockoutDuration: 1800
passwordResetFailureCount: 1800
passwordUnlock: on
passwordMaxFailure: 6
passwordCheckSyntax: on
passwordMinLength: 10
passwordMinDigits: 3

It seems that password policy for sub tree doesn't work correctly -- I
used console (centos 8.1 directory server) to set it but if I set
password policy for server then it works correctly. Is this a known
bug?

When I activated password lockout for whole server I was able to query
user DN and get all password policy related attributes. Moreover login
failed when I reach number of failed logins specified by password
policy. This didn't happend for password policy activated for sub
tree. (via console).

I will try to set password policy using ldif files and post my finding here.

2010/9/24 Ondrej IvaniÄ <ondrej.ivanic@xxxxxxxxx>:
> When I set password policy for server I can query cn=config and get
> password policy definition. When I set password policy for subtree I
> can't find any password policy related attributes.
>
> I tried to search using baseDN which is in 'pwdpolicysubentry' (
> 'cn="cn=nsPwTemplateEntry,dc=example",cn=nsPwPolicyContainer,dc=example'
> ) but nothing is there:
> dn: cn="cn=nsPwTemplateEntry,dc=example",cn=nsPwPolicyContainer,dc=ex
> Âample
> objectClass: extensibleObject
> objectClass: costemplate
> objectClass: ldapsubentry