[389-users] How to force a user to change his/her password in a Multi master environment

Hi,

Is there a way of forcing a single user to change his/her password in a multi-master environment.

The only way it seems possible is to enable per user password policy and then set the passwordMustChange flag. However since password policy is not replicated that does not seem like a very good solution.

The documentation makes mention when reading about the passwordMustChange flag that if it is set globally and the password is reset by the Directory Manager then the user will be prompted to change his/her password on first login. What does this “reset” actually mean, what values gets changed? I have not seen a way to reset a password for a user in the 389-concole and can thus could not deduce what the possible ldif modifications would be.

If the answers to this is in the documentation please then point me in the general direction but I have not found any answers to the above questions in the documentation yet.

Best Regards