[389-users] problem with dirsrv-admin

   Hello all,

In these days I have to take a look to a student who's partecipating to a stage, since my colleague, her tutor, is in vacations; her goal is to develop a php script to let people change some of their attributes on our LDAP; since we use a 389-directory running on a RH5 as LDAP, she has installed CentOS 5.5 on a virtual machine (she uses windows a s OS) and then 389-directory. She has set up the directory, imported the production LDAP schema and a reduced version of our production ou, the way to get experienced with 389-directory and to start develop in php.

Until yesterday anything was OK but this morning she wasn't able to get into 389-console, the java-based UI; I've took a look and trying to start dirsrv-admin I've got a "service unknown" message; so I looked in system-configure-services just to know that dirsrv-admin service wasn't in services list as in /etc/rc.d ... it seems to be disappeared without traces in logs (at least into logs I've checked in the few time I've spent this morning), or better to have been deleted.

So, finally, the question is: if I tell her to re-run setup-ds-admin, does she need to re-import the whole schema, ou and so on before re-starting doing her job?

   Thanks,

      Stefano
begin:vcard
fn:Stefano Manfredda
n:Manfredda;Stefano
org;quoted-printable:Universit=C3=A0 degli Studi di Cagliari;DRSI - Divisione Reti
adr:;;Via Marengo, 3;Cagliari;CA;09123;Italy
email;internet:stefano@xxxxxxxx
title:Responsabile Settore reti
tel;work:+390706755020
tel;fax:+390706755028