[389-users] Netscape 6.2 & 389 Directory server replication

Hi,

I have been given a bunch of old Netscape 6.2 servers that need
replacing with 389 Directory server, is it possible to have a Netscape
6.2 master and a 389 Directory server replicating between each other?

The current setup consists of 2 Netscape Multimasters and 7 slaves, I
think the easiest solution would be to build 2 389 Masters with 389
slaves and have at least one of each Masters replicating between each
other.  Then to move the applications to the new platform the clients
just need to change the IP they are talking to, then we always have the
option of moving back if there are any problems.

Does this sound like a sensible way to do it?  The Netscape boxes are
actually critical production boxes so we can afford very little downtime
if any, and if we have the 2 setups replicating to each other the
rollback plan is easy - otherwise we will need to somehow log all
changes and manually apply those either way to keep everything in sync
when we cutover and rollback.

I'm rather new to LDAP so its a steep learning curve!

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Nick.