Re: [389-users] getent group returns empty group list

Hi,

> At long last I think I see it.  FDS has create groups with object class
> groupofuniquenames to which we have added an objectclass of posixgroup
> but it is only populated with uniquemember and not memberuid.  It looks
> like I have two options:
>
> 1) Define nss_map_objectclass posixgroup groupofuniquenames:
> This works for getent group but seems to make id hang.  I think this
> also creates a problem in that the user groups, i.e., the posixgroup
> created for each uid, will not be mapped.
>
> 2) Define all the memberuids in each group:
> This means an extra administrative step (is there anyway to automate
> this from the uniquemembers attribute?) and exposure to human error.
>
> My guess is that option 2 is the correct way to go.  Is that true?
> Thanks - John

It depends on how you proceed. There is a parameter nss_schema
<rfc2307bis|rfc2307> (man nss_ldap) that lets you to chose whether you
prefer memberuid or member dn in the groups.
Another important point is that the user used by nss_ldap to bind to
your ldap server should have the right to read memberUid &
uniqueMember attributes on group entries...