From: fedora-directory-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fedora-directory-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rich
Megginson
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2009 3:52 PM
To: General discussion list for the Fedora Directory server project.
Subject: Re:  Replication: How long does it take
untilreplicated servers are in sync after one of them came up....

Reinhard Nappert wrote:
Hi,

Consider the following scenario:
You have a replicated environment, let's say a MMR setup. Now, one of the masters (M2) is down for a period of time and updates were performed against the other master (M1). How long does it take until both boxes are in sync, after M2 is back online. I assume that M1 tries to update M2 throughout the downtime in an interval setting. If this is right, what is this interval and secondly, can this be
configured.
The interval uses a backoff strategy - it first tries after 1 second,
then after 2 seconds, then after 4 seconds, etc. doubling every time
until it hits a maximum of every 5 minutes.  This is not configurable,
but there is a way to send updates now which will break it out of the
wait/backoff.
Thanks,
-Reinhard