Re: white space at the end of attributes that refuses to go away

Ulf Weltman wrote:
When attribute values are deleted from entries in a replicated partition they are moved to a hidden state, they need to be kept around in case they need to be resurrected by the update resolution protocol. If you add the same value after deleting it, the underlying mechanism moves it back from the hidden state. I wonder if it's considering the old value equivalent to what you're trying to add. I'm pretty sure spaces don't slip through though, can you verify what character codes the trailing characters are so I can test it?

I think they do... I've seen this same problem previously under Sun's directory server.