Re: white space at the end of attributes that refuses to go away

Eddie C wrote:
I am having an issue that may be related to multi-master replication,
or it may be related to a non viewable ascii value in an attribute.

We have a custom schema. We have a multivalued attribute
departalloweddomain

 this attribute has three values inside it.
  "a.com"
  "b.com  "
  "c.com "

My goal is to remove the trailing white space. Which may be a space or
a weird character.

You can determine what the white space is by saving an .ldif representation [ldapsearch -LLL ... > file]and viewing with a program
that views hexcodes like xxd.

I have tried deleting the individual values and re-adding them.
I attempted to delete the entire attribute and re-add.

The value keeps appearing like so.

  "b.com  "

Try editing the .ldif file above and removing the extra characters, modify enough of the attributes so that its unique and add it into the directory using ldapmodify or other standard tool. If this still shows a problem then there is something very unusual about your configuration. If importing the .ldif file is clean I would suspect the technique used to normally add the attributes.

Dan Lannom