Re: Fedora 7 and FDS 1.0.4-FC6

Richard Megginson wrote:
Del wrote:

What user and group is the server running as? Does it have to make an nss_ldap call to get these user IDs? If so, then this is likely the problem.

It's definitely nss_ldap related, though.  If I remove the ldap lines
from /etc/nsswitch.conf then I don't get the problem (although the
machine then becomes unusable because the LDAP accounts are not
present).

This is a good question - Does anyone run Fedora DS on a machine that uses nss_ldap for uid/password lookup? If so, how do you keep your server uid lookups from hitting nss_ldap?

I do this on many other machines, and normally I just make sure that
the server uid and gid are in /etc/passwd and /etc/group.  That is
normally sufficient, however in this one instance it appears not to
be.

--
Del
Babel Com Australia