Re: Fedora 7 and FDS 1.0.4-FC6

Del wrote:

Hi,

Following an earlier suggestion on this thread, I have tried to get FDS
running on a Fedora 7 box using the binary RPM from the download area
for Fedora Core 6.

The directory server appears to run fine, but the admin server just spews
a torrent of log messages saying:

[Wed Aug 08 18:00:07 2007] [notice] child pid 19260 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
... etc.
I'm not sure what the problem is. I just downloaded FDS 1.0.4 for FC6 x86_64 and installed on a vmware instance of F7 x86_64. The F7 system has the latest updates as of today. It works fine. I ran setup, just accepted the defaults, setup completed and started the admin server. I don't have java installed on the system, but I was able to use the web interface to run several of the CGIs. I have no problems.

Has anyone else seen this and can anyone offer any suggestions as to how
to get it going? It's quite tricky to run strace / gdb on the httpd binary
as all I get is as far as the fork, and it appears to be the httpd.worker
child processes that are dying.
strace -f will follow forks (-ff to write each process output to separate files), and gdb has a mode to follow forks as well.