Re: Uninstall/Reinstall ?

clockwork@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
So I have a problem, actually I have several problems however they are all based around one thing. Replication. I have a single master setup, I am trying to add a read only replica with ssl. I did some work on this a while back, however like most things that get left and returned to after some time has passed the mostly finished result has left me wanting to start over. I run the uninstall script, but that doesnt work. I re-install the rpm and rerun the setup script, however now I am stuck. In the console (gui java thing) under this host I have 2 instances of "Directory Server" and 2 instances of "Administration Server" the administration server's both appear "down" and on the wrong port (which I cannot change ?!). How do I remove the stuff from the console and start over ?
First, I'm not sure how to remove. You could try rpm -e on the second system, then rm -rf /opt/fedora-ds, to just completely start over on disk. You will also then have to remove the entries from the console. Using the console, go to your master system, and open the directory server console for your master directory server. Go to the Directory tab. Open the NetscapeRoot node. Open the node for your admin domain (i.e. not TopologyManagement). Then open the node for your host. Do you have more than one Server Group? If so, then the "offending" one is probably Server Group (2). You should be able to just delete that node from the console.

Also, I'll raise this issue again ... are there any good (quick, not 500 pages, and not 2 paragraphs of "you will see this") documentation sources out there on FDS/RDS ? The redhat docs are long and read horribly since most of the pages are just links to other pages, which are more links to other pages. I have not yet found a good guide on single master multi slave setups for FDS/RDS. If any such guide exists please let me know.