SSH help

I am really struggling to get Fedora Directory Server working using ADSync. I am confused on a lot of fronts, it would be fair to say I am a newbie when it comes to SSH, CAs, and synchronizing anything against Active Directory. So I am at a disadvantage to start with.

I have been using http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:WindowsSync for my instruction base as well as http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:SSL for setting up FDS to use SSL.

Here are my steps so far:
1) Install and setup FDS and create my directory server. So far so good.
2) Execute setupssl.sh from the Howto:SSL link above.
* As far as I can tell this script automates everything in "Basic Steps", so correct me if I am wrong, but I shouldn't have to actually do any of them after running the script?
3) Restart both my admin and directory servers.

After I have restarted my servers, it would seem to me that FDS would be exclusively accessible over port 636. So I use an LDAP Browser to verify, and it turns out that 389 is still available and the other isn't. Why is this?

At this point I decide to move onto another step (http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:WindowsSync#Enabling_SSL_for_PassSync) in the instructions and setup ADSync on the Active Directory box. Install goes fine, though I am obviously unable to get it to connect to the FDS yet.

I am able to create the cert8.db, but then hit a road block again when I try to execute "pk12util -d . -P slapd-<instance> -o servercert.p12 -n Server-Cert", and yes I swap <instance> for my host name. I get this exception: "pk12util: find user certs from nickname failed: security library: bad database.". Any idea?

I know this is a lot, but I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you,
Dennis

--
The sender of this email subscribes to Perimeter eSecurity's email
anti-virus service. This email has been scanned for malicious code and is

Thanks