Re: TLS issues during screen lock

Ashley,
Thanks for the reply. I figured it out by doing a `ldapsearch -ZZ -d 1 -b "" -s base -x` and saw that the TLS trace didn't have read access when using a non-privileged user. ashley wrote:

Yes I've had that problem before but I fixed it before.

I think its a permission problem of user accesing the certificate. When you logged onto the system the auth process is done by root but when you lock it with a screen saver its locked by the user. So to unlock it the auth process is done by the user.

But if your user has no access to the certificate he can't authenticate against the ldap.

You can verify this by (Test this by)

chmod -R 755  /etc/openldap/certs

(Or where everever your certs are on the client system)

Log in as a normal user, lock it with xscreen saver, try unlocking it.

If it works you have a access permission  problems with your certs.