Re: Requirements

Ken Wood wrote:

Sorry if these are really dumb questions but what software is required before Fedora Directory can be installed?

Now, I know that Sun Java is needed. I’ve installed v 1.5.n and it tests out ok.

Beyond Java, what else?

Do I need OpenLDAP or is that included with RPM?

No. OpenLDAP is not required, and not included with the RPM.

Do I need Berkley SleepyCat or is that included?

It is included.

Do I need OpenSSL or is it included? What about a certificate?

You do not need OpenSSL See http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/FAQ#What_crypto_engine_does_the_Directory_Server_use.3F and http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Howto:SSL

I have completed the Setup and FDS provides the login box but then it fails with an error complaining that it could not start the Admin Service.

Err 151? This usually indicates a problem with your DNS or reverse DNS. Look in /opt/fedora-ds/setup for your setup log file.

And, this is where I become overwhelmed by a lack of understanding.

I cannot find docs that explain how to start the service and/or what the required fields are.

I think the service is named ‘ns-slapd.

If someone could provide an example of how to start the service I would really appreciate the help.

///Ken Wood/

/TLW Sports Company, LLC/

/Information Systems/

/p. 805.987.2255/