Requirements

Title: Requirements

Sorry if these are really dumb questions but what software is required before Fedora Directory can be installed?

Now, I know that Sun Java is needed. Ive installed v 1.5.n and it tests out ok.

Beyond Java, what else?

Do I need OpenLDAP or is that included with RPM?

Do I need Berkley SleepyCat or is that included?

Do I need OpenSSL or is it included?  What about a certificate?

I have completed the Setup and FDS provides the login box but then it fails with an error complaining that it could not start the Admin Service.

And, this is where I become overwhelmed by a lack of understanding.

I cannot find docs that explain how to start the service and/or what the required fields are.

I think the service is named  ns-slapd.

If someone could provide an example of how to start the service I would really appreciate the help.

Ken Wood

TLW Sports Company, LLC

Information Systems

p. 805.987.2255