Re: Retrieving User Password From Fedora Directory Server

Hariharan R wrote:
Dear all,

I am using FDS 7.2 on FC3 for my development. I am storing userprofile along with user password to the FDS database (BDB). When i look the user profile in console i seen that the password value has been encrypted. Fine. If i do 'ldapsearch' , it doesn't returns the 'userpassword' attribute and its value.
Are you doing an 'ldapsearch' as "Directory Manager"? Try '-D "Directory Manager" -w -'
How i can get the userPassword attribute and it's value using LDAP search command. Is there is any way to convert the encrypted password to plain text one.
No. AFAIK the hashes are one-way.

 I am in an urgent need , so please any one guide me.

 Thanks in advance.

---
Regards,
Hariharan.R