Re: Retrieving User Password From Fedora Directory Server

  I am using FDS 7.2 on FC3 for my development. I am storing userprofile
along with user password to the FDS database (BDB). When i look the user
profile in console i seen that the password value has been encrypted.
Fine. If i do 'ldapsearch' , it doesn't returns the 'userpassword'
attribute and its value.

  How i can get the userPassword attribute and it's value using LDAP
search command. Is there is any way to convert the encrypted password to
plain text one.

You can't... when you set/change the password, it's processed by
hashing function and the result value is stored in the userPassword
attribute.

You can, however, disable that kind of processing and store the
passwords in cleat-text (which I would recommend against since it's a
security hole) by using the console to configure the password-hashing
mechanism and setting it to none.