Re: Rename or Hide o=NetscapeRoot

Yann wrote:
Hi all,

I've, again, a curious question :-) ;

It's possible to rename o=NetscapeRoot ? to something else like o=MyRoot ?
It's possible only with some serious code-fu, and it's not something we're likely going to do in the near future.
And/or, it's possible to hide the entry o=NetscapeRoot from unpriviligied users
? I've ACL on it to deny read inside, but, the "o=NetscapeRoot" stay visible
when anonymous user browse with an LDAP browser for example.
The console requires anonymous search/read access on o=netscaperoot in order to login. This is so you can just type in "admin" for your user name instead of "uid=admin,cn=Administrators,ou=TopologyManagement,o=NetscapeRoot". However, if you don't mind typing in the latter every time you authenticate to the console or to admin express, you should be able to remove that anonymous access aci.
Thanks !

Yann