Re: role of uxwdog?

uffe@xxxxxxx wrote:

If ns-slapd is started with -d<error level> it will not fork-and-exit and it logs errors to stdout. That's how to launch ns-slapd in debugger and avoid having to follow children. You can use the regular start-slapd script to pass arguments, like "start-slapd -d0" for normal log level.

Hi,
While that does work, you don't get any of the normal accesslog information, only errors. That is not really acceptable for everyone, at least not for me.

So, I would say that if you don't care about access logging at all, and want to run slapd under daemontools, then you could start it like this:

#!/bin/sh
#
# daemontools run script for ns-slapd service
#
exec 2>&1
echo "Starting ns-slapd..."
exec \