Re: Aboout Winsync

joe wrote:

Hi!

I followed the steps of Red Hat document to implement Windows 2000 sync with FDS. After my "initial re-synchronization" process was done, I checked my directory tree.

I saw some entries like "cn=Domain Admins, ou=People, dc=example, dc=com", and it contained "Members/Static Group - uid=Administrator, , ou=People, dc=example, dc=com"

in its properties. But I could not find the real entry dn named "uid=Administrator, , ou=People, dc=example, dc=com" in my ds tree. Is it the correct result? Or I did

something wrong with configuration. Please tell me how to fix the problem. Thanks a lot.

I think it's ok. Administrator is a "pseudo" user - it's only used for Windows domain administration. I don't think it follows the schema for a user. Does the Administrator entry have a full name or a surname? There are other pseudo users that fall into this category, such as the kerberos kdc user. You could probably fill in the missing attributes and make it sync over, but it doesn't really matter unless you want to use the Administrator entry on unix.

Regards
Joe Yu