here is the group i create :
dn: cn=toto,ou=Groups,dc=exemple,dc=fr
objectclass: top
objectclass: groupofuniquenames
objectclass: posixgroup
gidnumber: 10000
memberuid: 10067
cn: toto

and getent group doesnt give me toto as a group and id user 10067 don t give me name
of the group
thanks for help
basile

ps
all works fine for users

Rich Megginson wrote:

basile au siris wrote:

in nsswitch.conf i have
group: files ldap

Try
group: ldap [NOTFOUND=return] files

or something like that - I'm not sure of the exact syntax. This will tell it to first use ldap for group lookups, and fail if not found in ldap, unless ldap is down, in which case lookups will go to /etc/groups

and what can i check in pam.conf
all works fine for users
basile

Rich Megginson wrote:

basile au siris wrote:

i do what you say but have the same problem
it seems my group is not a unix group
getent passwd give me all users ( /etc/passwd and ldap )
but getent group just give /etc/groups groups

I'm not sure then. Check your /etc/nsswitch.conf and your pam configuration.

thanks
basile

Rich Megginson wrote:

basile au siris wrote:

hi

i use now FDS as group database
here is a group i defined

dn: cn=toto,ou=Groups,dc=sorbonne,dc=fr
cn: toto
objectClass: top
objectClass: groupOfUniqueNames
objectClass: posixGroup
objectClass: groupofnames
gidNumber: 16000
memberUid: uid=bob,ou=People,dc=sorbonne,dc=fr

id bob give me : uid=51117(bob) gid=16000
what did i forget to do this group a unix group

The memberUid attribute is INTEGER syntax. The value of this attribute should be the group members' uidNumber values. For a gruopOfNames (or groupOfUniqueNames) the member or uniquemember attributes are used, and these hold the DNs of the members' entries.

thanks
basile