Re: automount

Hi,

I've just ran into the issue described here:
http://www.ldapguru.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=1478&forum=24

The problem is that both Fedora and Solaris would like to use object class named "automount" for automount entries, but they define it differently. The solution suggested above is to modify the relevant object classes so that they contain the superset of the attributes for both platforms.

You (Rich) and others say that there should be a transition to nisObject/nisMap structure, but I still don't know where Fedora stands in this regard.

Thanks,
Simon