Re: Database recreation, automount and performance

Vsevolod (Simon) Ilyushchenko wrote:

Rich,

Thanks for the quick answer! Perhaps this information should go into the FAQ - what do you think?

Rich Megginson wrote on 07/13/2005 12:47 PM:

The IETF LDAP community has decided to deprecated them in favor of the new netgroups stuff.

OK, I'll reconfigure my entries. Does Fedora automounter understand the netgroups structure?

I'm trying to find out some information about this.

We don't yet have a way to set an ACI to allow users other than the Directory Manager (i.e. cn=Directory Manager, not the admin console user) to create the entry for a root suffix. In the console, you can Log In As New User, and specify cn=directory manager (or whatever you used for your directory manager user when you performed the initial installation).

This is very non-trivial. :) Creating the root suffix now works, but I tried creating top-level entries one by one, as well as creating a new server in the administration console, and it all failed. I had to delete the RPM and reinstall it.

What problems did you have? I'm not sure what you did, or what you could have done to necessitate a reinstall.

By the way, I found out that if I install the RPM a second time, the admin console tries to connect to port 15918, but the admin server is running on port 25394. I don't remember what port was used the first time. :(

After uninstall, remove your ~/.mcc directory, or edit the file in there after installation. The URL box in the login screen should have had a drop down list to let you select another one.

This time I successfully created an SSL-enabled directory and was able to authenticate to it. I followed the steps here:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/ag/7.1/ssl.html#1087158
to create a self-signed certificate.

For archives - the docs don't tell you that after running pk12util in step 9 you first have to enter the password 'secretpwd' that you've saved in the file pwdfile.txt, and then you have to create a different startup password.

You can't use the same password?

Later, when you start the server on the command line, this second password is required.

Simon