[Fedora-directory-users] fedora directory and active directory

I'm embarking on a project at my company to sync the two together. It's not important for me that fedora directory updates (passwords, etc) make it back to the active directory server, so I'd hope that the setup would be fairly straight forward.

It seems like this would be a common/useful way to use FDS and beyond setting it up myself I'm interested in writing a HOWTO so that others can do this easily without indepth knowledge of FDS or LDAP.

I do, however, lack this knowledge myself. Can someone provide a high level overview of what's needed to make this happen? I can fill in details myself as I have many years of UNIX, but reading through the online manual for most of the day it's not obvious to me how much setup needs to be done beyond the chapter specifically about syncing with active directory.

Is anyone aware of any resources or willing to provide some guidance on how to make this happen?

Thanks, and I promise at least a rough HOWTO out of this effort.

Will