Re: X on tty1 in Rawhide/F10

On Tue October 28 2008, Bill Nottingham wrote:

> 2) From a logical standpoint, the first tty should be for the most
> important user interaction. If you're booting in text mode, that's a getty.
> If you're booting with a GUI login... that's the GUI.

But this does not work if someone firsts boots into text mode and then starts
the GUI, either via startx or switching the runlevel. I doubt that someone
starts the GUI from the TUI without the intent to use the GUI afterwards. The
logic does also not work if someone wants to use any other tty than the
current one, because the one the user switches to will always become the one
used for the most important user interaction. ;-)

Regards,
Till