Re: Status of libtool 2.2.X?

Braden McDaniel schrieb:
On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 06:34 -0700, Dan Nicholson wrote:
On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 3:35 AM, Karsten Hopp <karsten@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My last rebuild showed only ~100 failures, I'm not sure what I've done
differently
this time. I suspect that the removal of libtool-ltdl and all related
packages from
my full-install might have caused this and I'm in the process of rebuilding
those with libtool-2.
I've uploaded the current logs to http://karsten.fedorapeople.org/
After a quick glance at them I think that there are quite a few easy fixes,
but I still
have to find out what causes p.e. the cracklib failure.
Looking at the first few:

afflib: needs AC_PROG_CXX

Or better, just call autoconf instead of autoreconf.  (Or do it right
and patch configure.)

amanda: aclocal not told where macros are, end up using old libtool m4 macros

The problem is that libtoolize is getting run at all.

aplus-fsf: needs AC_PROG_CXX

Wow... This one's a mess.  I don't think that's the problem.  In fact,
I'm not convinced the problem with this package has anything to do with
libtool2.  It's hard to see what's going on amid all the warnings about
this code that the compiler is spewing; but if you scroll down to the
bottom you'll see it's just missing something that goes after a -L flag;
presumably some variable isn't getting set for some reason.

Looking at old build logs this isn't something introduced by libtool-2,
http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/aplus-fsf/4.22.4/4.fc10/data/logs/x86_64/build.log
shows the same error. New in libtool-2 is that it doesn't silently ignore or misparse this anymore
and bails out with an error instead. This is a bug in aplus-fsf that needs to be fixed.

cracklib: yeah, failing on --tag=CC is very weird, especially when
configure.in seems completely reasonable

It seems that an old ltmain.sh causes this.

   Karsten