Re: reviving Fedora Legacy

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
I'm not talking about QA.. I'm talking about verifying that the
volunteer maintainers are actually still in place a year+ later.  How
do make users aware that packages are unmaintained for 1+ years? Do
you plan to expire unmaintained packages so new users don't have
access to them?You have to have some process to verify that the
maintainers are there because you are explicitly stating that the life
of branch depends on an accurate count of the active maintainers. if
you don't build a process to try to verify maintainer involvement..the
branches could live forever because there is no pre-defined EOL.

I really don't see how a Fedora Legacy can be maintained. If the goal is increased stability and security patches, you need to guarantee that you have folks supporting backpatches to the kernel, glibc, firefox, evolution, openoffice, and several other large and complex packages. Incorporating new security patches into old baselines is *hard*.
Plus Fedora would "fork" a new release every 6 months.  How many legacy
Fedora's would be retained? At some point it seems the legacy volunteer force would saturate and legacy Fedora's would have to start dropping off every 6 months.