Re: reviving Fedora Legacy

Patrice Dumas wrote:
On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 09:12:05PM +0000, Kevin Kofler wrote:
Patrice Dumas <pertusus <at> free.fr> writes:
In my response to that mail, failing to have a metric I retired my
proposal, and nobody supported my views (and overall nobody supported my
views).
In terms of those metrics, I'm still in favor of a mostly anarchical approach:

I completly agree. This is simple and leave everything to the packagers
initiative, I think that it is also what Ralf had in mind. But some people insisted on communicating to the public what was maintained, hence my proposal. But what you propose is better.

--
Pat

Up to here you definitely had my sympathy. But this anarchical approach makes me wonder who your target audience is. I would think that the majority of people who wouldn't want to upgrade to an official Fedora release would be people who need stability. Fedora itself is probably a little bit too unstable for them. These people would probably want more than the average level of QA. To borrow a phrasing from Jef, legacy updates should be edible by babies.