Re: Fedora 10 early branch now available.

On Thu, 2008-10-02 at 10:04 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> Awesome! Is this something that is considered to become the de-facto
> standard (as in mass-early-branching) sooner or later?

Likely not.  There are two sets of folks we're trying to satisfy, those
that actually continue on with future development, and those that need
the entire development cycle for the current release.  Early branching
the latter folks just adds more work for them every time they do a build
as to not have upgrade path issues and to not forget to build for the
next rawhide.  By letting maintainers choose for themselves when to
branch we can satisfy both sets of maintainers.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!