Re: Proposal: Better force-tag

Steve Grubb wrote:
On Sunday 14 September 2008 12:37:59 Warren Togami wrote:
The goal of preventing force-tag is to better guarantee that .src.rpm
comtents match tags.

Is this really a problem in practice? I honestly do not care what is or has been in cvs between actual releases. The srpm has all the files that are part of a build. I never use cvs to research a problem.

It is useful and important to keep the CVS matching .src.rpm's. One of many checks after the intrusion that we did was comparing the CVS tags to .src.rpm contents.

We can achieve this by having force-tag fail if the buildsystem says that
E:N-V-R was either already built or is currently building.

Or by embedding a sources file in the srpm that cross references all cvs versions of all files used in the build attempt. Doing it this way wouldn't have required disrupting the workflow.

The "Better force-tag" proposal doesn't disrupt your workflow either, unless you are doing something clearly wrong.

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx