Re: Problems with kernel-2.6.26 and 2.6.27-0.x.rc2

Dave Airlie wrote:

<snip>

So you have two problems.. one is a kernel module is loading and hanging
the boot process, this is usually blamed on udev, the fact that hitting
a key helps implies some interrupt handling problem maybe..

The other is the graphical boot not working properly on your card, for
that you can boot with nomodeset on the command line, if udev hangs that
is the other problem. For the graphical boot, I'd need to know the
graphics card and type of card, agp pci etc. and type of display plugged
in.

Hi Dave,

I'm seeing problems with graphical boot too, I haven't been reporting them sofar as things are still somewhat in flux with regards to kernel mode setting.

But since you asked:

00:0e.0 PCI bridge: nVidia Corporation MCP55 PCI Express bridge (rev a2)
03:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV570 [Radeon X1950 Pro] (rev 9a) 03:00.1 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV570 [Radeon X1950 Pro] (secondary) (rev 9a)

dual core x86_64 system running:
kernel-2.6.27-0.290.rc5.fc10.x86_64

Using an analog vga attached 1280x1024 lcd screen

Graphical boot worked a couple of times but the last 2 boots it hanged with a black screen when the mode got set (I'm now running aan older kernel).

When graphical boot did work, X was slow as molasses, Xorg.log provided no clues (I could find), but this may be because I was only running the latest kernel and my xorg and libdrm are about 2 weeks old.

Let me know if you want this in bugzilla and what more I can do to test. I must say that plymouth looked good when it worked.

Regards,

Hans