Re: [Fedora Forum] Micro Fedora

Patrice Kadionik a écrit :
One prefers to use the fresh vanilla Linux kernel with busybox. The Linux kernel is then configured exactly for your target. With that, you

Maybe you do but if you have the extra space (especially if we could fix the module packaging a bit) then the ability to use existing maintained and tested code, and the fact "yum update" just works are hugely valuable.

Hi Alan,

Yes, you're right if you have enough memory onboard.

But, for an embedded system, having a very low memory footprint is very important. So, if you can use just 4MB instead of 8MB, you have saved money and your embedded system is cheaper.

Cheers;

Pat.

PS: I missed you last year at the LSM in the system session at Amiens. I hopefully to see you one days...

--
Patrice Kadionik. F6KQH / F4CUQ

+"Tout doit etre aussi simple que possible, pas seulement plus simple" +
+ Patrice Kadionik             http://www.enseirb.fr/~kadionik         +
+ IMS Laboratory               http://www.ims-bordeaux.fr/             +
+ ENSEIRB                      http://www.enseirb.fr                   +
+ PO BOX 99                    fax   : +33 5.56.37.20.23               +
+ 33402 TALENCE Cedex          voice : +33 5.56.84.23.47               +
+ FRANCE                       mailto:patrice.kadionik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx +