Re: Fedora 9 on ASUS EeePC 900

Philip Heron wrote:
jeff wrote:
I have a kernel available for the ASUS EeePC 701 and 900. It supports all hardware, including wifi (ath5k). It should work fine with fedora 9 systems.

Hi Jeff,

Is there anything in your kernel that might improve the stability of the intel video driver over the stock fedora kernel? I'm getting quite a lot of hard lock-ups and random X restarts if I don't disable video acceleration, but then playing video is impossible.

Nothing in particular over fedora's for that. I should note that this kernel has quite a few driver modules disabled for things that would likely never touch an eee. Selinux isn't compiled in either.