Re: Calling on Fedora/RedHat ML managers to clean up Fedora-list.

On 7/28/2008 10:04 AM, Gilboa Davara wrote:
Again, ethical/political/etc questions have no place in an ML that
-should- be dedicated to users who seek help. I doubt that they even
have place in -testing and/or -devel.

I've been subscribed to fedora-* more-or-less since FC2.
For the first time in years I'm thinking about unsubscribing

I've been on these lists from the early days as well. I've seen some interesting discussions, however I was never under the impression that this was as big of a problem as some people seem to portray it. Does anyone have any metrics on how many of these "inappropriate" threads there truly are in relation to how many are "appropriate"? I think it would help make this issue much more clear. For example, if we are talking about less than 1% of all posts are "inappropriate", then that is a heck of a lot different than if it is 35%. Similarly, if there are say 10,000 posts in a month, 1% is a bigger problem than if there are only 100 posts per month.

So, do we have some actual numbers or is it just a "gut feel"?

Tom