Re: Package EVR problems in Fedora 2008-07-21

Jesse Keating wrote:

Firstly thanks for running the script. As I feared, a rather large number of problems, but that only means it was needed more rather than less :-)

That said, it might also be worth doing this in two runs.  One that
takes the view of F8, F8-updates, f9-updates  and another than takes the
view of F8-updates-testing, F9-updates-testing.

I think that would be sensible, because it makes it easier to see and prioritise the most important ones (that is, ones in the "normal user" upgrade path) rather than those which are important, but only affecting the subset of users that use testing and can probably handle instability/bad versioning better.

Another thought I had was that instead of listing the owners of
packages, we could actually list the person whom built the offending
E:N-V-R breaker.  This is likely more interesting information anyway
since the owner can change per branch and the owner often isn't the
person doing the build anyway.

Sounds sensible.

Thanks again for working on this!

Tim