Re: Request to re-add option to disable SELinux

Matej Cepl wrote:
On 2008-07-03, 15:42 GMT, Mike Chambers wrote:
They get a little question stating this program wants to run, do you give it permission.

And yes, that's the reason why Vista is still totally broken security-wise. Before even thinking about yes/no dialog, read http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/phishing.pdf and other things on http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/

Best,

Matěj

Is disabling selinux yourself really that difficult? Also I know from experience that selinux wasn't that great in the past, and since I started using Fedora I have always disabled it without thinking whenever I updated. Recently though when I updated to Fedora 9 I just left it alone, and now I sometimes even forget that its there. I have had no issues with it at all. The way I see it, if its not broken why touch it? It only increases security.

--Brad