Re: /bin/mail replacement (next generation of mailx)

Nigel Metheringham wrote:

On 11 Jun 2008, at 16:06, Dmitry Butskoy wrote:

Nigel Metheringham wrote:
This looks good, but on a minimal system how many other packages
would be pulled in as dependancies over the existing mailx?

For now, "openssl" (or "nss") and "krb5-libs". Is it OK for a minimal
system?

Both of those ought to be on a system anyhow (openssh would need them).

I was concerned that things like imap support could pull in a pile of
other deps

Nope, all such are supported by nail itself.

Regarding the minimal install -- Does it have Mozilla's nss library or not? For the "Security Consolidation" process, recently started in Fedora, we should build mailx/nail against nss (instead of openssl). On the other hand, if the current "minimal installs" don`t have nss, then IMHO we should still use openssl (at least while openssh uses it)...

~buc
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/DmitryButskoy